Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Country Style New Years

It's become a tradition over the past six years or so to drive up to the Central Valley for New Years. We spend the evening with my Great Aunt and Uncle and have a big dinner (fried turkey, normally; cioppino this year) and a huge breakfast to ring in the New Year. Every year, for reasons even I don't understand, I dread going. I guess it's just that a long car ride + an uneventful evening = a seemingly unpleasant trip. But every year I end up loving it. I spend at least an hour walking around the house taking pictures, reminiscing about all the summers I spent there as a child. No matter how much I pretend to hate going, it always feels like home when I'm there. This year was especially fun because my mom took me to the Feed & Seed to try on cowboy boots and then to some of my favorite antique shops (who knew a little nothing town like Oakdale could have some of the best antiques?) I scored an adorable vintage Valentine's Day card and a Brownie Holiday Flash circa 1960! 

Aldous in her car seat... what a cutie!
  
Black walnuts tree; I love the way the branches look.






China Doll - I remember when she was just a puppy... I think it was 1999? 


The beginnings of cioppinno...


Delicious pot o' crab!


Finished product... steamy cioppino!

My Brownie Holiday Flash! (Sorry for the poor quality... taken with an iTouch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...